1.Windows 2.SQL Server 3. Databases
Hotfix for .NET 3.5 SP1 adds support to SQL client for AlwaysOn.
- The system should not be in a domain controller
- Windows server 2012 or later versions should be running on each computer.
- Each and every computer or node should be in WSFC (windows server failover clustering).
- Ensure that WSFC cluster contains sufficient nodes to support availability group configurations.
- 5. The user must be a system administrator on every cluster node to administer a WSFC
- 6.To ensure about sufficient disk space, dedicated network adapter and coparable systesm before proceeding.
SQL Server Prerequisite:
- The host computer must be a windows server failover clustering (WSFC) node.
- Each and Every server instance must be running the Enterprise Edition of SQL Server 2016.
- All the server instances involved in availability group must use the same sql server collation.
- Make sure the Always on Availability groups feature be enable on each server instance.
- Each server instance requires a database mirroring endpoint.
- Sysadmin fixed server role requries to create endpint.
- Only user databases are allowed in availability group , system databases doesn’t.
- The database should be a read-write database. Read-only databases can’t be added to the AG.
- The database must be a multi user database.
- Full recovery model is needed for all the databases.
- We need to have atleast one full database backup for each database.
- The database should not belong to any existing availability group.
- The database should be be configured already for database mirroring
Looking forward your inputs\suggestions\likes on the same!