Summary: In this article, I am going to tell you the reasons behind the problem SQL server error 8942 also we will discuss the step by step procedure to resolve this issue. But for this, the user has to read this article carefully. So without consuming much time lets start.
Microsoft SQL Server is a highly featured rich and result oriented application. Most of the organization use this software to store and handle important business data in the form of tables. This application stores the data in MDF ( primary database file), PDF ( Secondary database file) and LDF log file. But sometimes due to lack of knowledge and improper handling of SQL Server the SQL users have to face an unknown error SQL Server Error 8942.
Server: Msg 8942, Level 16, State 1 Table error: Object ID O_ID, index ID I_ID, page P_ID. Test (TEST) failed. Slot S_ID, offset 0xADDRESS overlaps with the prior row.
So in the forthcoming article, We are going to discuss the possible reasons for this problem and also we will discuss the procedure to resolve this issue easily.
Possible Reason Behind SQL Server Error 8942
Here the common causes of this error. Some of which are described below
1. In case of Overlapping of Slots – The offset of the next slot must be greater than the previous slot. If the offset slot S_ID is not greater or equal than the previous slot then the user has to face this error.
2. Hardware Malfunction– Sometimes due to hardware malfunction can also lead to SQL Server Error 8942 error.
3. Improper Shutdown of SQL Server – Improperly or forceful closure of the SQL Server will also lead to this problem.
As we have seen the reason for the above problem the user can try the DBCC CHECKDB command without using the repair clause. But in case if you won’t be able to resolve this error then the user can take the help of an Expert solution to resolve this problem.
Note: The user can also read another post to Restore SQL database.
Automated Method to Recover SQL Database If You Are Facing SQL Server Error 8942
The user can try the manual solution to tackle this problem. But this includes the high possibility of data loss situation. So, in that case, the user can try the SQL database recovery software to resolve this issue. This can easily repair the corrupted and damaged SQL recovery software. This is an efficient recovery tool that can easily recover SQL tables, stored procedures, indexes, functions, triggers, etc. For complete details and Working of this software, the user can try the free version of SQL database recovery software to recover SQL database.
Steps to Recover Crucial SQL Database
1. Launch the SQL Database Recovery Software from your system
2. Now select the Corrupted MDF file from your system.
3. Choose the Scan mode from Quick Scan and Advanced Scan. The user can click on preview deleted SQL Records in red color.
4. Click on the OK button. The tool will show the complete preview of SQL database objects.
5. Now Click on the Export button and select the Server name and authentication type.
6. The user can select the database or the user can export to the Existing database.
7. Select the database items you want to recover.
8. Select the option from With schema and data.
9. Now click on the Export button to start the process.
In this article, we have discussed the step by step process to SQL Server Error 8942. We have given the reasons for the above error. The manual process has so many limitations so in that case, the user can try the SQL Recovery Software to tackle this problem.