Basic interview questions and answers for my fresher technical friends:
Q & A
- Which TCP/IP port does SQL Server run on? How can it be changed?
SQL Server runs on port 1433. It can be changed from the Network Utility TCP/IP properties.
- Which command using Query Analyzer will give you the version of SQL server and operating system?
Select serverpropperty (‘productversion’),
Select serverproperty ( ‘productlevel’),
Select serverproperty (‘edition’).
3. Name the system databases?
- Resource (Hidden)
4. Name the recovery models in Database?
- Bulk_ logged
5. What does DBCC stands for?
DBCC stands for database consistency checker
- What is the fundamental unit of storage in SQL Server data files and what is its size?
A page with a size of 8kb
- How many different types of pages exist in SQL Server?
- Text/Image (LOB, ROW_OVERFLOW, XML)
- GAM (Global Allocation Map)
- SGAM (Shared Global Allocation Map)
- PFS (Page Free Space)
- IAM (Index Allocation Map)
- BCM (Bulk Change Map)
- DCM (Differential Change Map)
- What is SA login in SQL Server?
SA stands for System Administrator and it is the most powerful login in sql server.
- What are the authentication modes available in SQL Server?
- What is the default fill factor value?
Default fill factor value is 0 or 100
- What are the DCL commands?
DCL- Data control Language